You should get a garage door tune up annually. If you recently encountered a repair, consider maintenance or tune up every six months. That way, you’ll help prevent any future problems that may turn into larger more costly repairs.
Tips to Keep Your Garage Doors in Top Shape
These are some tips that’ll help you keep your garage door in top shape:
- Keep your garage door’s nuts and bolts tight.
- Look for worn-out or broken springs, cables or other parts.
- Lubricate the pulleys, cables, rollers, and the overall drive mechanism.
- Check the alignment/balance of your garage door.
- Adjust both your springs and door openers.
- Clear any dirt or debris from tracks, rollers, photo-eye sensors and don’t forget the bottom of your door.
- Set limit switches.
- Keep chains tightened up.
You can also schedule a garage door tune up or inspection with Garage Service Pros.